What’s your favorite cake? Mine is Red Velvet. We’ve got some great Red Velvet Products, but you can’t eat any of them, even though they smell like you could. So, I’m going to do us all a favor and give you a recipe for Red Velvet Cake that you can actually eat.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
2 ⅔ of a cup of flour
¼ of a cup of cocoa powder
1 tsp of baking soda
½ tsp of salt
½ a cup of unsalted butter
1 ¾ of a cup of sugar
½ a cup of vegetable oil
2 tsp of vanilla extract
1 ⅓ of a cup of buttermilk
Red food coloring
Cream cheese frosting (you can pick some up from the store or make some at home!)
How You’ll Make It:
- Preheat your oven to 350℉. Grease your baking pan. (Note: You can make this into one big sheet cake or a two layer circle cake)
- In a bowl mix together your flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt
- In a different bowl mix together the butter, sugar, and eggs. Once those are fully combined, mix in your oil, extract, and food coloring. (Note: Add as few or as many drops of food coloring as you like)
- Alternate mixing in your dry ingredients and buttermilk. Make sure everything is combined.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350℉ (note: if you’re doing two different circle layers then bake for 28-32 minutes)
- Let your cake cool.
- Put frosting on your cake.