Who doesn’t love a donut? We’ve got a variety of donut themed Body Butters. Today we're going to show you how to make the real thing. Mind you, this is more complicated than our usual recipes but if you follow the directions, you’ll finish your time in the kitchen with a delicious treat. We've also put the directions for a variety of glazes to top your donuts with.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
1 cup of milk
¼ cup of sugar
1 tsp of sugar (yes they need to be separate)
1 packet of active dry yeast
4 cups of flour
½ tsp of salt
¾ of a stick of melted butter
½ tsp of vanilla
Vegetable oil (for frying)
¼ cup of milk
2 cups of powdered sugar
½ tsp vanilla
1 tbsp of strawberry jelly
2 cups of powdered sugar
½ cup of chocolate
¼ of a stick of unsalted butter
2 tsp of honey
2 tsp of water
How You’ll Make It:
- Spray a bowl with cooking spray. Set it aside. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set it aside. Line a different baking sheet with paper towels. Set it aside.
- Pour the milk in another bowl and microwave in ten second intervals until lukewarm. Add the tsp of sugar and mix it in until dissolved. Then add yeast and let it sit for 7-8 minutes.
- In another bowl mix together flour and salt, set aside
- In another bowl mix your sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla. Add the yeast mixture and mix until combined. Add in your ingredients from step 3 and mix until a dough forms.
- Take your dough from the bowl to a lightly floured surface and knead for about 5 mins. Add more flour if needed
- Form your dough into a tight ball and place it in the bowl you sprayed with cooking spray. Let the dough rise for 1 hour.
- Punch down you dough and put it onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out into a rectangle (about ½ inch thick). Use a donut cutter to cut out your donuts. Place them onto the parchment papered baking sheet and cover them with a dish towel. Let them sit for 40 mins.
- Heat oil (about 2 inches) in a deep pot over medium heat. Cook donuts in batches, 1 minute per side or until golden brown on each side.
- Transfer your donuts to the paper towel lined baking sheet to drain and cool.
- Make glaze: In a bowl mix together milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla till smooth.
- *Make glaze: Slice your strawberries and puree them with the jelly. Mix in your powdered sugar until smooth
- *Make glaze: Place your chocolate, butter, honey, and water in a bowl. Melt this in the microwave in 10 second intervals, mixing every time, until melted and smooth.
- Dip your donuts into whichever glaze you made.
*You can make all three of these glazes at once or just one for the whole batch! It’s up to you!