What makes a better breakfast than Blueberry Muffins and a cup of coffee or tea? Today I’m going to share with you the best Blueberry Muffins I’ve ever made.
Here’s what you’ll need:
2 large eggs
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of sour cream
½ cup of extra light olive oil
1 tsp of vanilla extract
¼ tsp of salt
2 cups of flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp of lemon zest from a lemon (optional)
2 tbsp of lemon juice
1 ½ cups of blueberries
How you’ll make them:
- Line your muffin tin (12 count) with cupcake liners. Preheat your oven to 400℉. Put your sugar and eggs into a large bowl and use a hand mixer to get them to a thick, light-colored consistency
- Add your sour cream, oil, vanilla, and salt and mix until combined
- In a separate bowl combine the flour and baking powder with a whisk. Add it to the first bowl a little bit at a time.
- Add your lemon zest and juice and whisk it in.
- Fill your muffin tin and carefully place your blueberries in each spot. You can also fold in the blueberries before you start filling the tins, but if you don’t want them to burst, placing a few blueberries into the batter once it’s in the tin works just as well.
- Bake in the oven at 400℉ for 20-22 minutes
I hope you enjoy trying out this recipe! While you’re waiting for the muffins to come out the oven, why not check out our Fruit Collection Set?